[geocentrism] Re: Point number 2

  • From: "Gordon Bane" <gbane@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:24:25 -0800

Dear Neville,
When I agreed to the forum, I didn't realize it was a chat room. I have been
swamped with work lately, but I've just finished to a certain extent the
following. (A drawing didn't copy, but I'll send this anyway.)
Thanks,
Gordon
   THE THIRD TIME
2 Cor. 13:1 says, "This is the third time I am coming to you.  In the mouth
of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."  If a person is
suing another person in a court case, every word spoken or written needs to
be established.  Every word is important.  This should also be true on
judgment day.  However, churches use any and all versions.  However, Matt.
4:4 says, ".but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" and
John 12:48 continues with, "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my
words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same
shall judge him in the last day."  This refers to the scripture in the King
James Bible.  If every word is important between individuals, it is even
more critical between man and God.
Every word?!  Every word includes all the words in scripture.  "I rejoice at
thy word, as one that findeth great spoil" (Psalms 119:162).  How can we
rejoice in "From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same."
(Psalms 113:3) when we do not believe it?  Psalms 119:16 says, "I will
delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word."  How can we
delight in "The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down." (Ecc. 1:5) when
we know (?) it isn't true?  We are even ashamed of this verse for we read in
Psalms 119:80 "Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not
 ashamed."
The phrase 'the third time' raises the issue of Paul's visits to Corinth.
The first visit occurred in Acts 18:1, but what about the second?  2 Cor.
13:2 says, "I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the
second time; and being absent now I write to them."  The second visit was a
letter not a personal visit!  The letter Paul wrote is the same as his being
there in person!  What is the greater application of these verses?
 Christ 'the Word' (John 1:1) came in person the first time, but the Holy
Spirit guided us 'to all truth' (John 16:13) in the written word the second
time!  The written word (scripture) is interchangeable with the Living Word.
 2 Cor. 13:1-3 - The point of these verses is the writing of a letter. This
refers to the Holy Spirit guiding the writing of the KJ scripture. Very
significant is the ending of 2 Corinthians. It is the only one of Paul's
epistles which closes with a reference to "the communion of the Holy Ghost"
(verse 14). The Holy Spirit has communicated with the church through
scripture.
"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth
him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day"
(1 John 12:48).  The spoken word is the same and the written word.  His
word, the KJ scripture, will judge us.    We cannot be judged over
information we do not have, so must have the exact words.

  Ch. 8 Evidence - Annual Orbit?

Is the earth spinning daily on its axis or not? If it is spinning daily, it
must also be orbiting the sun yearly. When walking in a rain which is coming
straight down, a person must tilt his umbrella forward into the rain to keep
from getting wet. This is called an aberration. The earth's alleged orbit
around the sun could cause an aberration. A second item that could cause an
aberration is called the Fresnell drag; the sun has an aether-field coupled
to it that sweeps past a stationary earth once a year. This field could be
the sun's light, magnetic or gravitational field which drags starlight with
it causing the aberration.
In the 1870's a fundamental experiment now called "Airy's failure" measured
the alleged annual speed of the earth around the sun at 67,000 miles per
hour. The result is that the 67,000 speed is always zero meaning the earth
is not orbiting the sun. Later experiments with greatly improved accuracy
have given the same result.
Airy's Failure:
A telescope must be tipped slightly ahead of the actual position of a star
to get the starlight going down the axis of the tube so that the star can be
seen because of the earth's "speed around the sun." The telescope was then
filled with water which slowed down the speed of light to 77% of its speed
in air. Starlight will then take longer to go through the telescope and the
telescope may have to be tilted in order to see the star. The result was
that the angle of the telescope did not have to be changed!  The water
filled telescope had to be kept in the same position as the empty telescope
to see the star. This implied that the star was moving and not the earth. If
the water filled telescope had to be tilted more than the empty telescope to
see the star, it would mean that the earth was moving around the sun. So
"Airy's failure" failed to prove that the earth revolves about the sun.

Only earth motion and not star motion would affect the amount of additional
tilt required on the telescope. Final result - no additional tilt was
needed! The earth is not orbiting the sun annually; the stars are moving
around a stationary earth which is in the center of the universe.
Airy expected his "failure" because of the results of the Fresnell drag
experiment.
See also: Michelson-Morley Experiment and the Michelson-Gale Experiment
(67 verses tell us the sun moves, not the earth - only 5 verses
tell us the earth moves and all are in a negative context or a context of
judgment)
There is no evidence that compels us to believe the earth is spinning.

My recently updated web page:  www.geocentricbible.com  is based on:
www.geocentricity.com by Gerardus Bouw, Ph.D.
Related web pages: www.kjv1611.org
www.biblebelievers.com/Doege_compare2.html
(Comparing the written word with the Living Word)
www.fixedearth.com/sixty-seven%20references.htm
(67 verses tell us the sun moves, not the earth -  only 5 verses
tell us the earth moves and they are all in a negative context).
Isaiah 24:19 says, "the earth is moved exceedingly." This verse takes place
around the tribulation time.