[geocentrism] Re: Moving Earth Deception -- Answer to Philip

  • From: Sungenis@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 22:57:01 EDT

Philip,

Our treatment of Miller's 208 km/sec drift toward Draco is answered from a
geocentric perspective in GWW. We also deal with Stephen Marinov's claim to the
 same, as well as Silvertooth and Smoot, et al

Here is the relevant portion. I believe it deals with your question.

Robert Sungenis

One of the interesting features of Miller’s results is  that they were
calculated in relation to sidereal time, that is, against the  displacement
between
a star and the Earth, as opposed to the sun and the Earth.  The former time
yields 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09 seconds; the latter 24  hours
exactly._[1]_
(aoldb://mail/write/template.htm#_ftn1)   This shows that the ether is
drifting in relation to the stars, and thus gives a  more definitive picture of
absolute motion.
But  we must pause at this juncture to critique Miller’s thinking process,
for he,  being a Copernican, is basing his interpretation of data on his belief
that the  Earth is moving at least 30 km/sec through space. Interestingly
enough, it is  precisely because of this presupposition that Miller runs into
some
unexplained  difficulty, since his observations begin to conflict with his
mathematical  calculations. The one anomaly in all past  interferometer
experiments that Miller discovered was the experimenters  assumed they knew the
precise velocity of the Earth through the ether in  combination with the solar
system
’s supposed motion toward the constellation of  Hercules, but did they really
know? The geocentrist, of course, would answer  that they did not know. In
any case, Miller’s 1925 experiment took into  account this “anomaly” and he
made his calculations accordingly. Since he  assumed the Earth was moving 30
km/sec, he combined this with the four positions  (February, April, August,
September) that he examined of the Earth’s orbit  around the sun and then used
Pythagorean geometry to determine the speed of the  Earth toward the
constellation
Draco, which came to 208 km/sec._[2]_ (aoldb://mail/write/template.htm#_ftn2)
In other words,  208 km/sec is what Miller believed to be the Earth’s
absolute speed through the  ether. Of course, being a heliocentrist, Miller is
assuming that the ether is  motionless and that the Earth is moving through it.
In
any case, Miller’s 1933  paper reveals that his Pythagorean calculations do not
match what he observed in  the fringe shifts. As we will recall, his
experimental fringe shifts showed a  maximum of 10 km/sec, but this figure is
less
than his computed value by a  factor of twenty! Miller did not have an answer
for
this problem, and it is left  as an open-ended question in his 1933 paper.
The answer, of course, is that  Miller’s Pythagorean calculations were based on
a faulty premise (i.e., that the  Earth was moving). If that factor were
eliminated, his calculations would be in  accord with his observations. The
same
can be said of recent experiments  performed by Stefan Marinov, in the late
1970s, using coupled-mirror  interferometry._[3]_
(aoldb://mail/write/template.htm#_ftn3)

____________________________________

_[1]_ (aoldb://mail/write/template.htm#_ftnref1)   In the same way, in
sidereal time (i.e., star time), the moon travels around the  Earth in 27.33
days,
as opposed to 28-29 days as measured only from  Earth.

_[2]_ (aoldb://mail/write/template.htm#_ftnref2)   Miller configured the four
interferometer readings in the form of a  parallelogram (February, April,
August, September), which assumes the Earth is  in orbit around the sun. The
diagonal of each of the four parallelogram points  represents the apex of that
period, while the long side represents the motion,  which is coincident with
the
center of orbit; the short side of the  parallelogram represents Earth
velocity of 30 km/sec. Hence, knowing the  direction of the three sides of the
triangle, and the magnitude of one side,  allows one to calculate the magnitude
of
the other sides, which for Miller was  208 km/sec toward Dorado. (See also
Laurence Hetch in 21st Century  – Science and Technology, Spring 1988, pp.
47-48.)

_[3]_ (aoldb://mail/write/template.htm#_ftnref3)   Stephan Marinov, whose
experiments show an ether-drift of 279-327 km/sec,  declares that the Earth is
moving through it toward the midpoint of the  constellations Virgo, Hydra and
Libra (J. P. Wesley, Galilean  Electrodynamics, “In Memorium: Stefan Marinov,
Spring 1999, pp. 11-12;  S. Marinov, General Relativity and Gravity 12, 57,
1980b). Also Czechoslovakia Journal of Physics B24:965, 1974, and  Eppur Si
Muove
(Brussels: CBDS-Pierre Libert, 1977, pp. 101-111, the  latter cited in Bouw,
Geocentricity, p. 257). Obviously, Marinov’s  calculations are close to those
of Dayton Miller’s 1925 interferometer  experiments, but, as Miller had, he
used heliocentric geometry in arriving at  his 300+ km/sec. E. W. Silvertooth,
after having had “null” results in 1972 with  frequency-doubling crystals
(Journal of the Optical Society of America,  62:1330), had similar results to
Marinov in a 1983 experiment. He claims that  laser-interferometer experiments
analogous to the Michelson-Morley apparatus  give a null result because
frequencies of the interfering beams are dependent  upon velocity relative to a
stationary frame. Hence, the frequency adjusts  precisely enough to cancel any
effects
due to the motion through the light’s  reference frame, and a null result is
the inevitable consequence. This, claim,  of course, assumes that the “velocity
” is caused by an Earth moving at 30 km/sec  and that light has its own “
reference frame.” Another study performed by Smoot, Gorenstein and  Muller also
sought to find motion of the Earth (Physical Review Letters,  39, 898, 1977).
As reported by Michael Rowan-Robinson, the quest was to find a  “dipole
anisotropy of order 10-4 to 10-3…due to the random  motions that galaxies have
with
respect to each other and to the cosmological  frame of reference. The
radiation should look slightly hotter in the direction  we are traveling
towards, and
slightly colder in the direction we are traveling  from, by an amount ΔT/T ≈
v/c, due to the Doppler  shift.” This study was important to them because “
Failure to detect this effect  would put us in the uncomfortable position of
happening to be exactly at rest  with respect to the cosmological frame.” In
other words, it would show the Earth  at the center and immobile in space.
Although the Smoot team, similar to the  Rubin team, found an anisotropy, it
made
little sense and did not get them out  of the “uncomfortable position.” As
Rowan-Robinson reveals, “the magnitude of  the velocity deduced for the Milky
Way,
600 km/sec, is so large as to throw  existing ideas about or cosmic
environment into disarray.” In addition,  “The authors note that the velocity
they have
found conflicts with  various attempts to measure our velocity with respect
to nearby galaxies, but  offer no explanation of this. With respect to the
Local Group of galaxies, the  motion of the Solar System hardly differs from
that
expected due to our circular  motion round the Galaxy. This suggests that the
whole Local Group has to be  moving along together at this velocity of 600
km/sec with respect to the  microwave background” (Michael Rowan-Robinson, “
Ether drift detected at last,”  Nature, Vol. 270, November 3, 1977, p. 9). We
note
here that the Smoot  team did not find a velocity of the Earth, but only a
velocity of the solar  system and the Local group. Reginald T. Cahill reports
that at least seven  experiments have detected a translational velocity; some
with gas-mode  interferometers and others with coaxial cable (DeWitte 1991),
with a result of  around 430 km/sec (R. T. Cahill, “Quantum Foam, Gravity and
Gravitational  Waves,” Relativity, Gravitation, Cosmology, eds. V. V.
Dvoeglazov
and A.  A. Espinoza, New York: Nova Science Publication, 2004, pp. 168-226; R.
T.  Cahill, “Absolute Motion and Gravitational Effects,” Apeiron, 11, No. 1,
 2004, pp. 53-111). In another paper Cahill writes: “Physics has been in an
era  of extreme censorship for a considerable time; Miller was attacked for his
major  discovery of absolute linear motion in the 1920’s, while DeWitte was
never  permitted to report the data from his beautiful 1991 coaxial cable
experiments.  Amazingly these experimenters were unknown to each other, yet
their
data is in  perfect agreement….All discussions of the experimental detections
of absolute  motion over the last 100 years are now banned from the mainstream
physics  publications” (Reginald T. Cahill, The Einstein Postulates:
1905-2005: A  Critical Review of the Evidence, Flinders University, Adelaide,
Australia,  December 7, 2004.)

In a message dated 8/4/2007 10:04:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

You said that, "Failure to detect aether drift, to me is no evidence against
its  existence,"
but aether drift has  been detected. There are pages and pages on this in
GWW. (And very well  researched and written, in my opinion.)

Neville.

Dear Neville.

I guess you have missed my point, .I do not deny  the evidence of readings by
Miller and others of interference waves in light .  I have trouble accepting
the reasons given. Maurice Allaise was closer to this  truth.

In any case None including Robert B have answered  my question re Millers
figures, which if true establish the earth is  definitely moving in a direction
not related to  either the speed/direction of rotation, nor the speed/direction
of  orbit.. I repeat it here.  But please notice the most important
presumptions I highlight in red   for danger .

"Miller's  work, which ran from 1906 through the mid-1930s, most strongly
supports the  idea of an ether-drift, of the Earth moving through a
cosmological
medium,  with calculations made of the actual direction and magnitude of
drift. By 1933, Miller concluded that the Earth was drifting at a speed  of 208
km/sec. towards an apex in the Southern Celestial Hemisphere, towards  Dorado,
the swordfish, right ascension 4 hrs 54 min., declination of -70° 33',  in the
middle of the Great Magellanic Cloud and 7° from the southern pole of  the
ecliptic. (Miller 1933, p.234) This is based upon a measured  displacement of
around 10 km/sec. at the interferometer, and assuming the Earth was pushing
through a stationary, but  Earth-entrained ether in that particular direction,
which
lowered the  velocity of the ether from around 200 to 10 km/sec. at the
Earth's  surface."

Back to work: My point;

 I said

"Failure to detect aether drift, to me  is no evidence against its
existence,"

In the same context I could have said with equal  inference,

" detection of an aether drift  using light (interferometer) is no evidence
for its existence. "

If in a given plane as compared to a plane at  right angles to it, light
(EMR) was bent or shifted , causing interference  patterns, ( and I have not
found
a singly solitary  explanation of the mechanics behind what these are, and I
am left to guess  that they bear some resemblance to standing waves in a
medium when two waves  meet out of phase)  any number of cosmic or earth bound
reasons may be possible to account for it.

Note that Millar had to go top of that mountain  to get a readable result.
Whilst we may decide to explain this by claiming  that the aether is slowed
down
by proximity of matter which Miller  presumed,  I likewise could just as
easily say that light propagation is  affected by proximity of matter, the
strength and direction of the magnetic  field of the earth, Cosmic rays ,
ionisation
in the earth, or any number of  factors. All of these factors, particularly
the earth, influence in different  ways radio propagation, depending on the
frequency. Consider the refraction in  the ionisphere for example on medium
wave
RF.

Too many considerations can  be involved for us to make preferred
presumptions. ..

I repeat,

I have said so often.. The  proof of the aethers existence is in the fact
that force has acted  over a distance in a vacuum..  there is no need of any
further  proof.. What we are keen to know is the mechanism of what it is and
how
it  works..

I hope to soon post my reasons for opposing the  corpuscular theory of EMR. I
have called the subject "Half a photon"