[geocentrism] Men and Women

  • From: Steven Jones <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:23:37 +0100

Leading scholars generally agree that Genesis chapter one was written by a different author than chapter two. The first chapter I believe is far more authentic as possibly being the word of Almighty God than two, which appears to be a forgery and written by Adam.

Problems with chapter two appear in many places, for example, are we really supposed to believe that God who created all of this intelligent design and many species with both a male and female kind would not have created a woman from the beginning or not have the foresight to notice that beasts of the field were not suitable partners for Adam? (Genesis 2:18-20) This story is quite simply preposterous and in total disharmony with chapter one, which quite simply states that God made both man and woman from the beginning. (Genesis 1:27). The KJV in this instance uses the word “man” for “humankind”.

The reality of course, is that we have both man and woman created from the outset, both equal but with different qualities and perspectives. My apologies to those truly orthodox among you if this is all a bit of a surprise, but I'm very thankful God has opened my eyes on this issue, because I stupidly believed at one time in mans superiority over the woman, and I suppose much of this view could have been fueled by the very devious and misogynistic ramblings of none other than Paul (or Saul of Tarsus). Incidentally, most Christians conveniently forget some of those “harder to in-force” nonsense rules governing the church laid down by him. (1 Cor 11:7, 14:34 to name but two).

In conclusion, I've shown that chapter one clearly records both men and woman being created at the same time, and that God was also fully aware (of course) of what was being created. Man and woman, created for the glory of God or God's good pleasure as with the entire creation, having together different aspects of the divine. Not woman for the man, not man for the woman, but unity. Amen.

Warmest Wishes,

Steven.