[geocentrism] Lagrangian Point

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 07:40:43 +1000

I know I'm lost in deep mathmatics, it looks so much like magic tricks, but
they do seem to be not quite right if you read the whole article, particularly
when it came to L4  and L5  which are in moon orbit, which seems to me makes
them normal orbiting satelites at moon distance..  needing no loophole...
Philip.

http://www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov/Education/wlagran.html

However, there is a loophole. If the spacecraft is placed between Sun and
Earth, the Earth's gravity pulls it in the opposite direction and cancels some
of the pull of the Sun. With a weaker pull towards the Sun, the spacecraft then
needs less speed to maintain its orbit.

    If the distance is just right--about 4 times the distance to the Moon or
1/100 the distance to the Sun--the spacecraft, too, will need just one year to
go around the Sun, and will keep its position between the Sun and the Earth.
That position is the Lagrangian Point L1, so called after the Italian-French
mathematician who pointed it out, Joseph Louis Lagrange (1736-1813).

This site has good pics..  and an explanation ??  of sunsynchronism.

http://www.newmediastudio.org/DataDiscovery/Hurr_ED_Center/Satellites_and_Sensors/Polar_Orbits/Polar_Orbits.html

And more on the sun synchronous polar orbit..  It appears to keep its
orientation pointed to the sun, which if you look at the picture below means it
has an axial rotation, which I said before was impossible due to the law of the
flywheel. ..  Sometimes I wonder do they make up things like they accuse us of
doing..  However, the sun synchronism could be maintained using a motor..  but
how long would the fuel last..

Fig. 7. Sunsynchronous satellite orbit as Earth revolves around the sun.

GIF image

JPEG image