[geocentrism] Re: Geosynchronous Satellites Paper

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:27:38 +0000 (GMT)

Re: Geosynchronous satellites paper
Robert B
Further thoughts on yours -- From Robert Bennett Sat Jul 28 18:06:06 2007
Firing Rita continuously to increase the linear velocity WOULD CAUSE ARTEMIS TO
SPIRAL DOWN, NOT UP. I think it might be instructive to go back to why Rita was
firing continuously in the first place. The final stage of the Ariane 5 did not
deliver the expected impulse. It ceased early. This left Artemis in a lower
than expected orbit. To salvage the mission and place the payload in
geosynchronous orbit, Rita was fired up to complete the task. And you are you
suggesting that it was fired in the direction opposite to the direction of the
thrust of the already deficient Ariane 5? I say again -- you can't be serious!
But this acceleration does not make it rise; it doesn?t even change its height
!! Who said it did? Certainly not I! But it does cause it to not lose height --
rather it causes maintainence of the current height.
Could it possibly be clearer, folks, that speed decreases with height? You said
it twice so I suppose I should make a comment. Yes it does, but does a decrease
in speed cause an increase in height? No of course not! If it did, as I've
remarked before, the SST etc would go to a higher orbit if they fired their
thrusters against the direction of travel (deceleration) instead of the reality
-- they decrease their speed and fall towards Earth.
Out of sequence I know but I've saved this till last. You don't like the Wiki
drawing of Hohmann orbit manouevers I sent you, drawing attention to certain
deficiencies and in typical fashion, hinting darkly at the possibility of
duplicitous intentions. Firstly, it's hardly a correct-to-scale engineering
drawing -- it's designed to convey concepts. Second, despite your comments
regarding the deficiencies of the modified orbit at the first acceleration
point, to my eye, the dashed line does fall inside the circular orbit though
perhaps not as far as it should. In fact, your modified illustration bears an
uncanny resemblance to the drawing I sent you From Paul Deema Mon Jul 9
21:29:08 2007 Artemis.jpg, illustrating a position with which you had 'Noooo
....... Many' problems. All this is pointless however as the correct solution
pivots upon the location of the Earth-satellite barycentre -- it must be at one
of the focii of the elliptical orbit and none of
 these drawings are likely to be accurate in that respect.

Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all
webmail accounts.