[geocentrism] Re: GU 3.0

  • From: Steven Jones <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 13:27:40 +0000

Maybe you already have GU 3 (Geocentric Universe 3.0). It was the program used to create that image of the celestial sphere on the wall, yes, but please remember that was extremely low budget equipment we were working with there. I also had a lot of quality loss problems due to the fact that I was using a 16.9 camcorder whilst most computer video editing packages (for free) don't support this, only 4.3. It had to be saved in several segments and then finally converted to 16.9 again, thus dropping a lot of quality.

Geocentric Universe 3.0 describes the kinematics involved for a small Earth-centric and at rest cosmological model. There are several guided tour talks too. It's the sort of program that is worth exploring, particularly good is the night horizon and the seasons. If your computer is fast enough (2.2 GHz or more) and running Windows XP (or higher) then you should get good graphics performance. The minimum spec I've tested it on is a dinosaur 233 MHz (I think highly of this work-horse) Windows ME machine, but it's not fun on there, averaging about four-five frames a second. If you don't already have it maybe your interested?

Best Wishes,

Steven.

philip madsen wrote:
Steven what exactly is GU 3? If it was the bad image I saw in the movie shining on the wall, then I was not impressed. Can you describe what it portrays..Reality according to HC or Gc or a theory .. I'm interested. I have never visited a planetarium.. I always knew they were a depiction of what we see from the ground... which meant nothing
Philp.