[geocentrism] Re: Fw: PASSING IT ALONG.....HOW IT ALL ADDS UP

  • From: "Martin G. Selbrede" <mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:24:03 -0500

On Aug 2, 2007, at 2:32 AM, philip madsen wrote:

Martin said..Antichrist isn't an individual human being, but a heresy: the denial of the Incarnation.)

Martin..

You beaut.. Martin I was worried , not having heard from you for a while.. I agree with you that there are many antichrists. a prefigure perhaps. But as to whether this denies there is one special man......

Yes, it does deny it.  Two reasons, either one of which is sufficient.

"Just as... even so... " is a direct correlation/equation in the Greek. "Just as ye have heard, antichrist is coming, even so many antichrists are now here, already." In Greek, states the reality of the consequent fully subsumes the content of the antecedent, preceding phrase. "is coming" is set in future tense, but is supplanted by the present tense in a compounded construction. The singularity of "antichrist" is supplanted by the plurality of "many antichrists."

Second, alleged prefigures of antichrist don't bring the "last hour" with them -- but John says we know it is the last hour because many antichrists are here ("whereby we know it is the last hour"). Precursors to antichrist don't bring the last hour. Only true antichrists bring the last hour. The last hour was already in progress in St. John's lifetime. So, insisting that the "many antichrists" aren't the real final antichrist intended means that John was wrong about his other point about antichrists. Which is a remarkable thing for any commentator to allege, insofar as the ONLY biblical writer to use the term "antichrist" is John (four times), and here we are drawing conclusions that make some or all of those four assertions to be erroneous. So, I'd have to say .... give me a break!

Martin