[geocentrism] FW: evolutionnists in St-Jérome's time

  • From: "Marc Veilleux" <marc-veilleux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:45:52 +0000

They would want us to believe that Charles Darwin didn't have any biased prejudices in favor of the evolutionist belief when he went on his trip to the Galapados islands and when he wrote his book in 1859; on the contrary, many of the scientists of the time of "Charles" believed in this fairy tale for intellectuals, to begin with his own parents and grand-parents.  We can trace back this mythic belief way back to 6th century BC (Thalès de Milet).  We can see, according to the commentaries of St-Jérome, that the spirit of this belief was well present in the mind of the learned ones that lived in St-Jerome's time (4th century AD).

Please don't mind my poor english in this translation from french.

Christus Imperat,
Marc Veilleux

Saint Jerome (347-420), priest, translator of the Bible, doctor of the Church
Commentaries on Mark's Gospel, 2 ; PLS 2, 125s (trad. DDB 1986, p. 48)

« Silence ! Get out of this man »

      « Jesus treated the demon in saying : ' Shut-up, and get out of this man. ' » ...

      See to what point the soul of man is precious. This contradict those who believe that us men and the animals share the same identical soul and that we are animated by the same spirit.  At a different moment, the demon is expulsed from a single man and thrown into 2 thousand pigs. (Mt 8,32) ;