[geocentrism] Re: Calendar

  • From: Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 12:41:59 -0500

Hi Allen,
I see no attachments are allowed...  I'll email my figure if anyone
would like.

It seems that the Metonic cycle is based on 19 solar years and 235 lunar
months being approximately the same length of time.  Meton added leap
months in the years 3, 5, 8, 11, 13, 16, and 19.
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/MetonicCycle.html  I'm
guessing that these leap years were just spaced out as evenly as
possible within the cycle.

I don't think that this cycle is the same thing that I'm inquiring about.

Carl