[GeoStL] Re: recalibrating the 60cs

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:23:37 -0800 (PST)

I don't recalibrate at every cache but I often cache with the electronic
compass turned off.  It seems to me that when I'm alone the electronic compass
is ok but when a group with lots of GPS's and radios present it seems to get
confused, not sure if radio waves interfere with it or what but I just end up
turning it off.  My husband bought a 60C instead and is very happy with it.

Eric & Dayna East <believer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I'm getting close to raising
enough money to purchase one but now i'm wondering if I should reconsider.
Having to recal before every cache seems a bit extreme.
Are there any other quirks I should know about?
I'd like to hear what those of you who use it think of it overall. What are the
pluses and minuses in your opinions?

Thanks & God bless!

Eric