[GeoStL] Re: maps.google.com

  • From: Dan Baldenweck <harp8n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:29:00 -0800 (PST)

Joel

It is possible to do what you want, but it takes a few steps.

1.  Drag the route to where you want it in Google Maps.
2.  In the top right hand corner of Google maps, click on "link to this page".
3.  Copy the link (the top box) and paste it into your browser and add at the
end of it, with no spaces:

               &output=KML

4.  Click your browser and a dialog box will come up asking if you wish to save
or open the file.  Tell it to open.
5.  The route will open in Google Earth.  Check to see if that's what you want,
and then save it as a KML.

Dan