[GeoSTL] Re: liquid gps

  • From: "Dave D" <cache_finder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 22:26:56 -0500

I still have the Garmin Etex basic for sale for $85.00. Its just as accurate as the Vista - and easier to use.

From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoSTL] Re: liquid gps
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:52:33 -0500

I didn't participate in the caching event this Sunday
because of the 'health advisory' warning.  I was
out-and-about today, but didn't spend much time
in the elements (car thermometer read 100 degrees)

Mine GPS is just wearing out.  The tracking has been
really bad since the beginning of this year.  I'm
in the open at Forest Park -  I can walk for 30
yards and the arrow continues to point in the
wrong direction.  I can stand still and the
positioning can go from -30ft to +150ft in a
could of seconds.  It didn't used to be this way.

I need a high-end eTrex.  If hadn't been out of
work since March 15 of this year, I would have
bought one already.  Garmin doesn't provide
any more software updates to the GPS III model.