[GeoStL] Re: input please

  • From: Glenn <potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 19:56:35 -0600

"Reported"? whats that mean and reported to whom?  It is a needs maintenance
icon that denotes that it needs maintenance. A cache that is wet needs
maintenance.   Seems like everything is as it should be.

Then when you replace the wet log you say so and remove the needs maintenance
icon. That is the way it is supposed to work.

When I go out I may not want to find a bunch of wet broken stuff and I can
filter out everything that has been tagged with a "needs maintenance icon". The
icon is real handy for that kind of stuff.

On Jan 2, 2011, at 7:29 PM, Arlene Jones wrote:

> I agree Glenn that it should be mentioned. Reported? Not sure I agree with
> that. Damp logs happen. Dale will be replacing it asap.
>
> From: potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [GeoStL] Re: input please
> Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 19:24:39 -0600
> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> i would think that if the log is wet you would want to know so you could go
> replace it so it is all good for the next guy. If no one mentions it, how ya
> gonna know?
>

> On Jan 2, 2011, at 7:00 PM, Arlene Jones wrote:
>
> a new cacher (less than 130 finds) did some of our caches today. They seem to
> have gone crazy reporting them for having a damp log, the place being up for
> sale, and after not finding the cache. The one they didn't find was our
> how-it-zer ever gonna find it! and those of you who have done it know it is a
> harder one to get. I sent them an email explaining that generally you don't
> report caches for such little things. What do you all think? How would you
> have handled it?
>
> Arlene (JonesCrew)
>

> Glenn

Glenn