[GeoStL] Re: [geocache] group hunt (January 1st)

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 23:04:40 -0600

-
Darryl and Darryl -

With a MOGA meeting on the 13th and Potluck on the 20th, that would leave
just the 6th of January, which may cut things too close. I was thinking of
something like the 27th of Jan or any weekend in Feb, while it's still cold.
I'll check with John at W. Tyson and see if the enclosed shelter with the
wood stove would be available for us one of those weekends. Normally it's
only available for the scouts and not the general public, but if it hasn't
been reserved, we can probably get it for the day. I'll let you know the
story on that.

For those that want to do D&D before I archive it, it's a fun one as a
group, and makes it seem easier with all the bodies and extra heads for the
puzzles. There are lots of waypoints (more than 2) and the minimum time is
about 2.5 to 3 hrs, so figure 3-4 since "help" will be available. Total
walking time is much less as there are puzzles to solve and pieces of
information that gets plugged into "stuff" obtained at different waypoints.

By archiving this cache, it will allow the park to almost double the number
of caches that are currently there, and probably the highest cache density
park in the SLAGA area.

Rich