[GeoSTL] Re: flooding

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:42:11 -0500

You are right about the St. Francis River.  I drove over it several times
yesterday.  I know someone who was going to float it Monday, but it was too
high to float.  Unfortunately there is now a 1,600 acre clear cut that the
river flows through the middle of.  Apparently, a crossing of the river was
illegally constructed to access the land on the other side of the river.
The clear cut was to feed a chip mill.

The Black River was even worse than the St. Francis.  The muddy water was
still in the tree tops.