[GeoStL] caches my mom can do

  • From: "Laura DeWeese" <festive@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 08:30:25 -0500

This Sunday I am looking for an activity to do with my mother for Mothers
Day that we both can enjoy.  She's not especially into geocaching, but she
does like to see interesting things.

I was thinking about Babler Springs EarthCache (GC1916K).  I read in the
logs that it is an "easy walk from parking area."  Do you think it is easy
enough for a 75-year-old woman (with early Parkinson's)?  She has a cane
that she sometimes uses, and a walker that she only uses for longer
distances like the mall.  I'm guessing the walker wouldn't work here.  (The
trail is not paved, is it?  It doesn't look like it from the pictures.)

The other idea I had was Lustron Home Tour of Webster Groves by RGS
(GCR589).  Do you think that would be a better choice?  I'm assuming it
would be mostly riding in a car.

Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions!

Laura/purple