[GeoStL] Re: area manager coming around

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:27:34 -0600

-
   Gale, as far as I know everyone just deals with their local area manager.
I would hate to see a state wide policy be enforced. The manager in my area
is like gold. We hide them and then we tell him where it is and he approves
it.  Bernie
showme69 wrote: - I named my Month By Month cache, GCQR70, what I named it
because after more than 2 months trying to get permission to place it, the
area manager told me the Conservation Dept.'s special use permit is only
goodfor 30 days and I would have to resubmit a new application each month. I
wasn't going to let him scare me off, so I have been diligently resubmitting
the permit application each month since hiding it back in October. Today, I
received a letter from the manager stating he is extending my permit period
to three months. Yippeeee. Baby steps, I keep telling myself. Has anyone
contacted the Conservation Commission directly to encourage them to develop
astatewide geocaching policy or has everyone just been dealing only with
areamanagers? Gale **************************************** For List Info or
//www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[1] Missouri Caches Scheduled to be
Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw[2]

--- Links ---