[GeoStL] area manager coming around

  • From: "showme69" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 19:04:03 -0600

-
I named my Month By Month cache, GCQR70, what I named it because after more
than 2 months trying to get permission to place it, the area manager told me
the Conservation Dept.'s special use permit is only good for 30 days and I
would have to resubmit a new application each month.  I wasn't going to let him
scare me off, so I have been diligently resubmitting the permit application
each month since hiding it back in October.  Today, I received a letter from
the manager stating he is extending my permit period to three months.
Yippeeee.  Baby steps, I keep telling myself.    Has anyone contacted the
Conservation Commission directly to encourage them to develop a statewide
geocaching policy or has everyone just been dealing only with area managers?
Gale