[GeoStL] about geocions..

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:58:36 -0600

-
Matt1344 requested i send this along to the group. I dont personally care about the geocoins but i know a lot of people like them. He has the contacts to get it going if anyone wants to do such a thing. his username is below if you want to contact him..

glenn

Subject: Matt1344 contacting you from Geocaching.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:16:27 -0800

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL MESSAGE FROM GEOCACHING.COM
This user has given you their email address, so simply reply to this message to contact them directly. Please send any abuse complaints to contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Matt1344 has contacted you with the following message:

I'm writing a few prominent Missouri geocachers to ask a question and propose an idea . . .

Has anyone raised the possibility of a producing a Missouri geocaching coin? Based on the information I've received (see below), it would run about $2.30 a coin if we ordered the minimum (250 coins). That's a total expenditure of a little over $575. The cost goes down a bit the more we get.

The St. Louis and Ozark groups seem pretty active and the Columbia geocachers are coming on strong. Surely this is do-able if the interest is there.

I'll go on record as offering to put in about $50.

Bob McEowen (Matt1344)
Jefferson City, MO

<<Hi there.  I got the email about your interest in making a geocoin.
There are two people to talk to.  The first is Alan Trammell at Pressed
Metal Products in Canada.  The only approved way it incorporate
geocaching.com or the geocaching logo in you design is to use a common
side die made by Groundspeak and is available for use at Pressed Metal.
It is the same design you can see on the USA geocoin.  The other side is
designed by you and has to be approved by Bryan Roth at Groundspeak.
He's the one that gives approval for using the Groundspeak die.
The basic costs are $140-$210 to set-up the die you design.
Then the coins are $1.47 each with out numbering or shipping and there is
a minimum of 250.

If you have any other questions you can email me or I provided the
contact information for Alan and Bryan.

Alan Trammell
(866) 922-5500 toll free
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx