[GeoStL] a bit confused

  • From: muther andsun <mutherandsun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:15:24 -0600

I usually keep my mouth shut or should I say I keep my fingers still.
However, I feel guilty after reading a lot of recent emails on the
freelist.  I am polluting and diluting the game.  So I've decided to come
clean.  I feel so stupid for spending so much time writing cache pages and
money on cache containers, waterproof paper, dumb swag, and gas just to
increase the number of smileys on other people's profiles.  What a moron I
am!   Let me apologize for my part in ruining this game.

Please let me explain.  I own a handful of caches.  Most are "lame."  Most
take you to really boring places like corn fields and cow pastures.  Most of
these are placed just to hand out smileys for numbers hounds.  I would never
expect anyone to look for another reason behind the series of caches besides
the location.  I wouldn't dream of cachers enjoying themselves while on
these numbers runs.  It really disappoints me when cachers thank me for the
good time they had while hunting these stupid micros.  For example, I
usually get over a hundreds of logs similar to this one each day:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=8682a66d-b537-4969-b94f-5d41d86ef5c0

Whew, I feel better now that I have confessed.  I promise to do better on
future hides.
-Tracy