[GeoStL] Re: USGS volunteer question (NGR)

  • From: Ssudio@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 15:07:59 EST

-

In a message dated 11/3/2005 9:56:50 PM Central Standard Time,
thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx writes:
the  government in it's infinite wisdom has decided to close our office along
with  the offices in Reston VA and Menlo Park CA and move everything to
Denver CO  .....then after they have moved our operation to this high cost city
they will  do a cost study to see if it can be done cheaper by the private
sector

Hey Dan

Thanks for your response.  My DH works as a cartographer and they did  pretty
much the same thing to his office a few years ago.  Now they've  realized
that they really do need "real live gov't cartographers" and can't  trust
certain
things to contractors, and are hiring (and reclassifying) more  cartographers
again!  LOL  typical....

Makes you wonder who knows what about whom, you know?  :P

Jana

_http://sc4.spacialnet.com:13126/listen.pls_
(http://sc4.spacialnet.com:13126/listen.pls)  Tune in now!

Subject field