[GeoStL] Re: Texas Hill Country

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:34:05 -0600

-
Buchanan Dam and Marble Falls are a must! You have to eat at the World
Famous Bluebonnet Inn in Marble Falls. Inks Lake and Longhorn Caverns are
some of my favorite places. My cousin lives in Kerrville. Say hello to her
when you go by.

I love the bluebonnets in the spring. Some of the greatest pics I have of my
kids are in fields on bluebonnets.. How I miss that..

Bluebonnet Inn has the best Chicken Fried Steak in the country!

A great place to stay is at Marble Falls Inn or at Lake Buchanan Cabins.
There might be some cabins at Inks State Park.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/inks/

Here is a reasonable place to stay with clean rooms and free breakfast.
http://www.hillcountrymotel.com/

If you want something really nice, stay at the horseshoe bay resort! That is
a real nice place!
http://www.hsbresort.com/

I love this area. A friend I had in High School, his grandfather owned the
Lake Buchanan campground and cabins. Lake Buchanan Dam is the largest double
arch dam in the world.

I could go on and on about this area. It was my playground for years..

Let me know if you need additional info!

Mike

Tired of Spam??
Here's your solution..
See: http://www.spamarrest.com/affl?4001050