[GeoStL] Re: I'm Drooling!

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 23:26:12 -0600

-
I know this is WAY late, but I had one of those moments while driving
from the store today after a shopping spree to replace a bunch of stuff
that got burned up from an over voltage condition in my house courtesy
of AmerenUE.

Of course after blowing all my money that I have yet to earn (it went on
the credit card), the mind naturally seems to wander to the luxuries one
cannot afford. Well, this discussion came to mind, and it hit me all of
a sudden that there is something I don't quite get here.

First, it looks like all the internal memory is being replaced by the
microSD. Which is cool. You gain a net of 8 MB from the 56 in a CS. And
then I recalled reading that you can get the microSD preloaded with some
stuff, among them City Navigator. Well, I have City Select, which is
being dropped in favor of City Navigator as I understand it. Now, when I
load the map segments along my route down 55 and 49 to the gulf coast, I
pretty well load up that entire 56 meg (52 or 53 I think). So if they
are getting City Navigator preloaded into a 64 meg microSD, it makes me
wonder what is missing. Either that, or you can use a microSD with a
larger capacity. But that is never mentioned anywhere.

So does anyone know hoe City Navigator compares with City Select? And
not that I can afford to get one soon, does anyone know if the CSx can
take the higher capacity microSD's?

Yeah, I know I could ask on a forum somewhere else, but I figure I would
bother y'all cause it isn't like the information is going to do me a
whole lot of good at the moment.