[GeoStL] Re: Sundays group hunt (was: Hello)

  • From: "Susan Ring" <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:26:29 -0500

Sara,

Group hunts can last any amount of time.  You are always free to come and go
when you need to.  If you need to show up late, we often trade cell phone
numbers and get connected that way.

Not to scare you, but the first group hunt I went on was to Columbia and lasted
about 15 hours, but that's not the norm.  It was an absolute blast, and I
believe we found over a dozen caches.  This one on Sunday will be much shorter,
I'm sure!

Susan

  Susan thanks for the invite for the group hunt sunday morning.  How long do
the group hunts usually last?  I'd love to go, but with my fiance's work
schedule he works every other weekend and this is his weekend off so I'm not
sure how easily i can get away.  I've mentioned hunting to him and he doesn't
seem interested, so i doubt bringin him along is much of an option.  I'll try
to make it but can't make any promises at this point (would be cool to find a
bunch of caches on my first day, hehe)

  Susan Ring <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Welcome to the group, Sara. You have joined up with the friendliest, most
fun people around.  You may have noticed in the messages that there is a group
hunt planned for Sunday out around Wildwood.  That means we set a place and
time to meet and then whoever wants to go just shows up there.  Watch this
newsgroup for details. Then it's off to find caches and swap caching stories
(at least until Bernie says "Are we gonna hunt caches or just talk about
hunting caches?").

    If you are able to come along, you'll have a great time and learn a lot
about GPS and cache hunting.

    If not, there's always next time.

    Susan