[GeoStL] Re: Sunday Float Trip

  • From: Jim Greene <jimsgreene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 13:48:01 -0500

Here is the basic plan. Brown Canoe rental is located at our take out
point, so if we go with them we can float and leave whenever we get back
there, Bass we have to meet them at a certain time since it isn't a regular
location for them. Also Brown wants $30.00 per canoe, cash or check only.
Let's meet at Brown's at 9:00 and go from there. This is where Highway E
crosses the Huzzah river. Coordinates are N 38 01.735 W 91 12.814.
 From I-44 take the Leasburg exit (214) and take Highway H south past
Onondaga State Park to Cave Rd. (same road) then Cave Rd. to State road E
to the coordinates.
 From Highway 8, just take 8 to highway E and it's 6 miles to Brown's.
 If the river is way up or it looks like major storms we can discuss it
Saturday.
 Ethan is also working on an Earthcache for the area that might be
published by then.

My phone # is 314 954-7933 if you have any other questions.

Jim