[GeoStL] Re: Suggestions on Geocaching policy

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:58:08 -0800 (PST)

-
Mike,

I was just reading some posts of the OMG group and
this new stashthecache page is a crock put out by an
angry person. He STEALS other peoples caches and then
takes them out and rehides them. In most cases he
BURIES them in the ground :( and then forces the
original hider to go to his page to find out where it
has been placed. And the really bad thing is you HAVE
to go and get it because if it is found by the park
personnel they will believe that you are the one
breaking the law. I would keep an eye on this one but
not even condone his existence except maybe in an
arrest. As far as the rest goes they are not all that
big so I don't think I would change my policy unless
they actually show up in JC. Another type btw is
bookcrossing though usually if it is a cache it is
listed on gc.com

Just FYI

Dan (Thunder)

Subject field