[GeoStL] Re: St. Charles caching assoc

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 07:03:13 -0600

-
I couldn't agree more. I guess sometimes we forget the enthusiasm we had
wh4en we found our first cache. Someone had to be excited enough to start
SLAGA.. I am sure that the same enthusiasm is busting out of weatherexpert.
His emails to me about our Winter Rendezvous show his excitement for the
sport.

If you think back, some will have to think way back, to when you were 13
years old, St. Louis seemed like a country. To travel from St. Charles to
Arnold was a major haul. To the young mind before driving a mile seems like
3. It takes forever to get from one place to the other. "Are we there Yet?"
So perhaps he just thinks that as big as St. Charles is, there is a need for
a new organization.

I think we should be less critical and encourage him to share the site with
his buddies. He is still a member of SLAGA and what harm will come from him
setting up his own site?

Encourage a youth of today and they will lead tomorrow. Lets not ridicule
him. Lets appreciate him.

The Brawny Bear