[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA Site Update

  • From: "BottomFeeder" <BottomFeeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:29:27 -0600

-
Actually, there's a couple different things going on....

1) Each time you visit the SLAGA site, you should see a couple different
thumbnails on either side of the 'About SLAGA' on the Home page. Those =
are
randomly generated each initial page load with 300+ possibilties. When =
we
first went live with the new design, those weren't linked to a larger
version. But Konopaw, the real programming guru involved with the site,
managed to fix that a while back.

2) We also have the 'Featured' menu item that has a 'Featured Photos' =
area
under it. The pics displayed there come from the same place as the =
randomly
generated ones. We just don't have all 300+ of the available bunch
implemented there. In any case, if you click the 'Featured Photos' menu
item, it will take you to a page of thumbs...which also now link to a =
larger
version. The thumbs version has been there for a while. It's only the
linking to larger version that's new.

One thing I would be curious to know.....while photos are great and help
build the SLAGA 'community', sometimes knowing a bit more about the =
story
surrounding same would be a plus also. And we have the ability to =
implement
a function that would allow visitors to add 'Comments' to the pics. I =
think
it would be interesting to see comments from those who may have been on =
group hunt (or whatever) and really know the scoop behind the adventure.

If that were relatively simple to use and was implemented, would anyone
actually use it?=20

     -=3D Russ =3D- (BotFee)

Subject field