[GeoStL] Road Rally - Ready, Set, GO!

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:49:12 -0500

OK, so the event is published - http://coord.info/GC3XM3J and the courses
have been set. I have 5 teams signed up and can take 10 more. Here are the
teams I have so far..

Kat ? ZST

Keike - TBD

JavaPgmr ? Team ???
CF30 ? SLAGA 4
BlueBeadMan ? Rt. 66 Rally Road Racers

I think 3 more teams would be perfect! I have 3 courses that merge together
at some point.

Here is some basic info for your planning..

1)     The route you take is up to you. There will be 27 stops along the way
and each stop will be worth 50 points.

2)     You must have at least 1 smart phone on your team with QR Code
software, not munzee, to decipher some clues.

3)     Each team will be given a hint envelope for several stops. When you
open an envelope, you lose ½ your points. When you return the envelopes at
the end, you will be credited full points for the stop in it is unopened.

4)     Time is not of any use. First in means nothing but you have to be at
the finish by 7:00 PM or points are deducted.

5)     There will be 50 other tasks to do along the way so you will need a
digital camera and a removable memory card so I can verify the pics.

6)     Always be looking for something else at the stops. It could mean
bonus points along the way. It will be fairly obvious.

7)     If you are not on a team, be at the starting point, Chain of Rocks
Bridge, Illinois Side, and you can join any other team or form a new one.

8)     Remember, the more you have in your car, up to 5, the less gas
expense you will have for the trip.

9)     Overnight stay is optional. You can be home by midnight if you leave
at 8:30. Please be careful.

10)  Sunday, we will cache towards Decatur and West of Clinton. You can join
us or make your own route.

Items needed will be ? GPS, several, Map of Illinois, Smart Phone with QR
Scanner, Digital Camera, Water, Food, Positive Attitude, Sense of Adventure?

Contact me with any questions!

Thanks!

Mike

Brawny Bear