[GeoStL] Questions on the SLAGA "New Caches" page

  • From: "Bill Boltralik" <wjb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:59:20 -0600

Regarding Cache Ratings ? I?m always very thankful when the hike distance is
mentioned in the Description.  It helps me to choose the caches to do.
Although my caching partner (NickyRex) is a real trooper when it comes to
long hikes, he is still 6 yrs old and gets tired after a long hike,
especially if there is a significant altitude change.  I try to choose
caches that are no longer than a couple of miles total.

Not to change the current topic, but I have a few questions about the SLAGA
site -

1.      The look of the SLAGA site, for all pages, continues to improve.  Really
looks fantastic!  However, it seems like a feature went away that was very
helpful.  I thought that on the ?New Caches? page, there used to be a column
that showed the ?City? that the cache was located in/near.  That info was
extremely useful.  Presently, there is no easy way of figuring out where a
new cache is placed, short of opening the gc.com page and clicking on the
MapQuest hyperlink.  Can this information be added to this page??  Perhaps
the ?Near What? column can be used?

2.      The ?Description? column is extremely truncated, it doesn?t offer much
help either.  Can be lengthened to at least 75-100 char. -to get some value
out of it?

Thanks,

Bill
IKanFindIt!