[GeoStL] Re: PDA Geocaching.

  • From: <goshhawk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:25:53 -0600

-

I use my Palm Pilot to download Mobipocket files from geocaching.com. I have
one for 150 files around my zip code (63301) and then for ones for 25 miles
around Eureka, Alton, Columbia, and one option for where I am traveling to
next, like San Diego. This gives me the coordinates to load into my GPSr but
also my Palm. By dividing up the caches in the smaller areas, files are
easier to find quickly, but still, I have them all in my intial large file.
Everything is there, but hints are hard to find, because they are in a
separate file.  If I know I am going to a particular cache I still print it,
but for travel it is great. The download gives you the basic info and the
last 5 finds, but no maps. They are available, but I find them too hard to
use. Paper copies are much better but the Mobipocket files are great
especially when you travel. I know I should save a tree around home but I
still like the hard copy prints. John