[GeoStL] Re: Optimize Routes

  • From: BruceS <bruces3418@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 08:23:56 -0500

-
 I don't actually usually follow the routes at S & T (MapPoint in my
case) produces.  I only use it to optimize the the order of the
caches.  I navigate using the maps on my gps and from experience.
Usually experience tells me the opposite is true... the entrance to
the park is usually on the opposite side from the cache, this is
because human nature is to place the cache at the "back end" of the
park.  Though many times I have entered a park from a non main
entrance and saved alot of time.

Bruce

On 7/7/05, Kirk Yates <kirk.yates@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> Another thing to watch out for is park entrances vs streets outside
> the park that may actually be closer to the cache.  There has been
> several times I've followed my GPS to the closest street, just to find
> out I need to go to the park entrance.
>
> --
> Kirk

> Subject field