[GeoStL] Nuvi Paperless geocaching

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 18:24:13 -0500

-
Today at the lunch, a couple of people were asking about the GSAK macros for
paperless geocaching for the Nuvi.  It also works on the Colorado.  I use it
to have my found caches on my CO.  But for those with a Nuvi, it is a pretty
neat macro that allows you to have everything, description, logs, hints,
etc.  It is not as good as the paperless geocaching in the CO, but it is the
next best thing.

Here is the link for the one I use.  My only complaint is it does not
support user notes:

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=193374

Here is another macro that will do more.  I have not been able to get this
one to work on my CO.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=195389

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"