[GeoStL] Re: New caches along the 11 point river

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:18:36 -0500

-
Glenn,

Why won't they allow the caches?  It is Forest Service-not National Park
Service.  While it is a National Scenic River (1/4 mile on each side), I do
not see how that could impact if caches can be placed there.  I've placed a
couple there in the past and they all got muggled.  I can talk to the Forest
Service about it if there is a need to get things cleared up.  Some of the
waypoints for Myotis 100 are in the National Scenic River corridor and the
Forest Service knows about it.

Weymouth,

It is a great float stream in Southern MO.  I've been on it twice in the
last month.  Most people float it from Greer to Riverton.  Alton, MO is the
biggest city around it.  The Irish Wilderness is along it.  Part of the
Ozark Trail also runs along it.  Greer Springs (been in National Geographic)
is one of the neatest areas I have ever been too.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"