[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Vietnam Moving Wall

  • From: "TKLNHL" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:16:45 -0500

As far as I can tell there is not. I've gone through the locationless caches
practically one-by-one and also searched with keywords and can't find one.  I'm
not sure one would be approved. I had an off-list discussion with a couple of
people a couple of months ago and now I can't remember all the specifics (And
the emails are on the virus-infected pc) as to why it may not be approved. But,
it seemed to make sense to me at the time LOL

And, seriously, after driving by "ours" this morning and seeing The Moving Wall
in "Action"  -- the large flags flying, the people simply standing and staring,
the mounted unit waiting to begin their procession ..  veterans and current
military in uniform .. well ..  I'd be willing to argue the case against  NOT
making it a locationless cache.

Perhaps an "event" would be approved -- a chance for local geocaching
organizations to meet up in "honor" of the Moving Wall in order to have a
"shared" experience, eat and then cache.  (There's an I-Hop across the street
from the Cracker Barrel on New Halls Ferry at 270 -- isn't breakfast/food
usually a needed element in order to have an event cache approved in St. Louis?
  :+)   <-------  Smiley Face   )

Nancy