[GeoStL] Re: NGR -- More Computer Help Needed

  • From: "Brad Myers" <bmyers88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:53:03 -0500

-
Chris,
I did a quick look at Dell's website. You didn't say what model you have?
Have you recently updated to Windows XP SP2? Dell has several recommend
updates (driver and BIOS updates) that should be done prior to upgrading to
SP2. Also, they recommend scanning for Spyware and updating your AV program.
Here is the link to Dell's page
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?c=us&cs=19&DN=1089836&l=en&s=dhs#step4

I also seen it had a driver update for wireless, but not knowing your model
I don't know if it applies.

As always, make sure you back up your data before you try any updates (PS-if
you do a BIOS update, make sure you follow the instructions (no shortcuts)
because you could make your computer completely unusable.
Brad