[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Canon Digital Cam Software Question

  • From: Dave Keiser <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:14:55 -0600

-
Greg, are you coming to the geo potluck next Saturday? If so, I'll bring you a copy. Or, if you want I can mail one to you.

Dave Keiser
http://www.keiserphoto.com
(800) 560-4333  (573) 445-1013
On Jan 20, 2004, at 3:35 PM, Greg Ponder wrote:

Lead in information:

1. I have a Canon ZR45 MC digital camcorder that can also shoot digital stills.

2. My hard drive bit the dust last week.

3. I had a backup of my Canon folder in the programs folder. By this I mean, I had copied the program files onto a backup CD.

4. I replaced the Canon folder from this backup CD and all its contents in the programs folder on my new hard drive.

5. I downloaded a driver from Canon's website. The ZoomBrowser software is not available to download off the internet, just the drivers for the respective Canon cameras.

6. No matter what I try I always get an "abnormal program termination" message when I try to open the Canon ZoomBrowser software. Am I missing an extension that the original CD installed deep in the system folder?

7. For the life of me, I cannot find the original software CD to restore the original files.

What, oh what, is a poor hillbilly to do?

Can anyone help me? Any suggestions at all? I really don't want to have to pay Canon for software that I've already purchased (but misplaced). I've contacted Canon by email and purchasing the software was the only help they offered.

Thank ye,

Greg Ponder...The Hairy Nondigi Photo Capable Hillbilly

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs:Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes
Subject field