[GeoStL] Re: NGR- But GPS related

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 21:08:56 -0600

Mary,

This is like the Ford/Chevy/Garmin/Magellan/MAC/PC Question.

I recently bought the Nuvi 350 and love it. Several other in SLAGA have but
Nuvi's too, but different models with wider screens and more bells and
whistles.

I think the Text to Speech (TTS) is nice because you don't really need to look
at it before making the turn. Another nice thing about the Nuvi's is their
size. Most have a 4-6 hr battery life (built in rechargeable) and they will fit
in a shirt pocket for walking around town. They aren't good for caching since
they don't have a compass to follow but they have an off road and pedestrian
mode for straight line routes to follow. They will also display the actual
coords as well as allowing you to manually input a set of coords and save for
later use.

Custom Points of interest can be added (like White Castle, rest stops, etc) as
well as a proximately indicator when you get close to something selected.

Lots of options here...

Rich
    From: maryjgasch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [GeoStL] NGR- But GPS related
    Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 12:25:34 -0600
    To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    My DH wants a gps navigation system for the car.  He has narrowed it down
to a Garmin Streetpilot c330 or Garmin Nuvi 350.  Other than the $$$ can anyone
tell me what the difference is and which would be better?  I also was wondering
about the Garmin Streetpilot c340.  Can you all help?
    Thanks-
    Mary
    ~GeoGache