[GeoStL] Re: NCR-HTML editor problems

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 23:32:00 -0500

-
That's an obscure editor.  Never heard of it.  Google can't
find anything on it.  If its new, it is prone to programming bugs,
which sometimes means you have to get a program update to
get passed your error.
If in the software, you have the ability to 'create a new project'
or a 'new website', try that instead of continuing to edit pages
that cause the error.  If that works, you know the problem is
a bug in the software.

 I'd recommend one of a number of other free
and popular WYSIWYG HTML editors, if what you are doing
is learning HTML or creating your own web site.

Personally, I use a text editor these days and type in HTML by
hand.  Prior to that, I used Microsoft FrontPage for years.
Despite the  fact that people love to bash any Microsoft
product (although, FrontPage did add a lot of unnecessary,
unreadable code to the final results), I found it very handy
to quickly format a web page.

If you have a few hundred $$ and, you can buy DreamWeaver
(right javapgmr?)  I hear it is a great tool for creating
web sites.  I've never used it, though.