[GeoStL] Re: NCR: Mozill Firefox Hotmail and Yahoo

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:26:34 -0500

-
I am not sure that FF will ever open it up to ActiveX. That would mean they would have to be as big a security risk at Internet Explorer. Plus they would have to acknowledge Microsoft as the authority for how ActiveX behaves in order to support it, and that would put to much of their destiny into the hands of a competitor.

I for one refuse to go to websites that only support Internet Explorer..... unless my boss says I have to so I can keep my job. Then I do so under protest.

BottomFeeder wrote:

-
Did this just start happening or have you never been able to use Firefox
with these?

I have the same trouble with a couple sites (e.g., online banking), and I've
heard there are 'Active X controls' used on some sites that don't play well
with Firefox. *IF* that's the case with those 2 sites (HotMail a VERY likely
candidate), you'll probably never get them to work in FF....at least until
the FF development team comes up with a solution.

-= Russ =- (BotFee)