[GeoStL] Re: My free garmin maps have been updated

  • From: "Michael Griffin" <mike.griffin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:35:30 -0600

-
Thanks Brian! I will do that. I can have a file with ALL maps and then
localize those as needed.

I only wish I could just update the total set on the GPS without having
to wipe out the entire file and reload it. With City Navigator NT,
Myotis Maps, My California Topos, My Custom Topos, and other trails and
maps, it takes 5 hours to download to the GPS. I have not tried DL'ing
to a card directly but I hear it is faster.

When a map is updated or a new map added to a set, it would be nice to
do just an update. Not erase everything and reload everything.

Oh well...

Mike Griffin
NORTEL, USA
Enterprise Proactive Services