[GeoStL] Missing Caches

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 08:29:44 -0500

I drove down Marshall Road in Valley Park yesterday on the way home.  What I
saw was the aftermath of a lot of Meramec River destruction.  I checked on 2 of
my caches - Bucket Cache and Obey the Sign.  They both were about 4-6 feet
under water at some time, obviously washed away, and in route to New Orleans.
Does this mean I need to make them into a "Traveling Cache"?

Any other cache in the vicinity is suspect to being washed away too.  Any one
having a cache in the Valley Park area needs to see if it survived, but I doubt
if it did.

Caches in or around the Meramec and Telegraph Road area are also questionable,
at best.  I picked up Father's Day 2 before the flood, but suspect the original
Father's Day cache is also a "Traveling Cache" now too.

Bob Pratt,   BBD1
http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A