[GeoStL] Re: Missing Caches

  • From: "Jg \"outdoorman63\"" <outdoorman1963@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:07:22 -0700 (PDT)

thats a shame.especially if any of the caches had peoples travel bugs in them

Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      .hmmessage P  {
margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    I drove down Marshall Road in Valley Park yesterday on
the way home.  What I saw was the aftermath of a lot of Meramec River
destruction.  I checked on 2 of my caches - Bucket Cache and Obey the Sign.
They both were about 4-6 feet under water at some time, obviously washed away,
and in route to New Orleans.  Does this mean I need to make them into a
"Traveling Cache"?

Any other cache in the vicinity is suspect to being washed away too.  Any one
having a cache in the Valley Park area needs to see if it survived, but I doubt
if it did.

Caches in or around the Meramec and Telegraph Road area are also questionable,
at best.  I picked up Father's Day 2 before the flood, but suspect the original
Father's Day cache is also a "Traveling Cache" now too.

Bob Pratt,   BBD1

Stupid people make average people look smart!
  Damn I must be a genius.