[GeoStL] Re: Milestones

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:36:04 -0700 (PDT)

-
Holy cow Rich,

All that because I have your water bottle....I am
sorry I will get it back to you as quickly as I can :D
I did get a note from Charlotte telling me you were in
the hospital but no details ....I am glad you are
doing better and I sure hope all goes well on
Tuesday...does Charlotte need someone to come up and
sit with her while you are in surgery? ...I would be
glad to come up

Dan

--- GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> Sorry for the delay in getting the milestones
> updated on the home page. I've added Seporp1,
> Myotis, Strider, happycycler, and cacheRcheck. If
> I've missed anyone or have some wrong dates or
> numbers, just let me know.
> As Brawny Bear indicated, I was taking a break.
> Actually it was a little more than that. Last
> Thursday after a day of caching in St. Chuck, I got
> severe stomach cramps, 104 fever, throwing up, and
> shakes so bad I couldn't use the mouse or dial the
> phone. My Dr. sent me to the ER at St. Lukes. They
> diagnosed it as Pancreatitis, and after an
> ultrasound on Friday, it was determined that my gall
> bladder is bad and a lodged gall stone blocked the
> duct and caused the infection of the duct and the
> pancreas. (Gall bladder to come out next Tue AM).
> Then they found a major problem after doing a blood
> culture. The area where the gall stone was lodged,
> and now passed, caused the same virus that's
> contained in E coli to grow. That was keeping my
> temperature at 100-102 and they wouldn't let me come
> home until it was normal for 24 hrs. After 3 days of
> antibiotic IV's, the fever broke late Sunday night,
> and they let me come home today.  The funeral is
> cancelled for now and I'm actually looki
>  ng forward to next Tue. so I won't have to go
> through this again! :-)
>
> Rich
>
> PS-It's rough getting old!

>  Mail List FAQ's: