[GeoStL] Klondike Park Event

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GC-maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:00:05 -0500

This event (Saturday, June 5, 2004) is fast approaching and we only have 3
volunteers, Susan, Bernie, and myself. Surely there are some of you in the St.
Charles area that can spend 4 hours helping us with questions, handouts, GPS's,
and a little hand holding for those that want to take a try at geocaching.

The event is from 10 AM until 2 PM and we probably need to get there around 9
AM to get everything set up. We will be in one of the 2 pavilions at the lake
and plan to hide a flag or 2 to give them the feel of using a GPS to locate a
waypoint. There will also be 2 stocked caches (ammo box and Tupperware) hidden
for the thrill of finding actual caches, signing the logbook, and picking out
an item to keep.

Rich