[GeoStL] Re: Jokes

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:31:01 -0500

-

WELL. As the say, two thirds of a pun is PU. That having been said.... you
didn't think I was just going to let that one pass without a rebuttal....

Mayonnaise Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise
was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars
ofthe condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be
the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This
would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to
Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship
hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost. The people of
Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its
delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that
they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this
day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known,
of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

Jim wrote:
- YVONNE VON DER AHE wrote: - Tate's Compass story? Yvonne Here's one
version... <http://home.tiac.net/~cri/1999/tates.html>[1] Geo Jim
Subject field

--- Links ---
   1 http://home.tiac.net/~cri/1999/tates.html