[GeoStL] Re: Ice

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:39:11 -0600

-
Speaking of batteries, with the problem of global warming and all these
major power outages we have had, you would think there would be more done to
address it by turning to wind/solar power.  If you get a wind/solar system
with batteries you don't have to pay Ameron for power and you do not lose
your power from storms.  Lots of people go out and buy a back up generator.
As Rich points out, you can run a lot off just a car battery.  Would not it
be nice if there was an effort to help stop global warming and people
prepare for power outages by selling and installing small solar systems with
a car battery and some solar panels?  You would have some power if you lose
Ameron's power and you could always use the solar panel/battery to supply
some of your power needs.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"