[GeoStL] Re: Hello all

  • From: "Mr. President" <mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 23:42:52 -0500

Hello Charles,

As President of SLAGA and the Director of MOGA'11, I would like to welcome you
to the list, to geocaching, and to SLAGA.  I hope you take a look at the SLAGA
website (www.SLAGA.org) and decide to become a member. SLAGA is full of
friendly people who love to eat and go geocaching (in that order) in the St.
Louis area.  I also invite you and your wife to visit the MOGA'11 website
(www.mogageo.com) and create a login so you can get to the forums and read what
other people from around the country are saying about our event.  It is a very
large event (over 600 people), but it is not that crowded because everyone is
out having a great time geocaching around the lake.  If you are unsure if you
will attend or not, you could go ahead and register you and your wife with a
free registration.  This will keep you from standing in a long line on
Saturday.  If you then can't make it, you are not out anything.  If you do make
it, prepare yourselves for a great time.  Look me up, I will have on a pirates
hat and sporting a grey beard (Capt' Greybeard) and be sleeping in the corner
someplace.  If you make this event or the next, you will find yourself in an
organization envied by so many others around the country.  Have a great time
geocaching, and we hope to see you on the trails.

John Elfrank (L Frank)
SLAGA President

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:16:42 -0500
Subject: [GeoStL] Hello all
From: charlieleverett@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys, just writing a short email to introduce myself. I've been on the list
for a few days, but have been on vacation, so I've really just been checking
out the mailing list.Anyway I'm a casual cacher (as you can tell from profile,
daysanew), though I'd like to get into it more, but my wife, though she
geocaches with me, doesn't really get into it. Also I've recently gotten a nice
9-5, weekends off job which will make caching easier for me. Though I am only a
casual geocacher, I do love caching, though I don't care about numbers, I love
the idea of exploring new areas and meeting the challenge (though I've yet to
take on a seriously hard cache).
Anyway just saying hi.Oh yea, who here is going to MOGA? I've thought about it
as I will actually be off during the weekend.
--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger
and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and

The only way government can give one American a dollar in the name of this or
that good thing is by taking it from some other American by force.

My Software never has bugs. It just develops random features.