[GeoStL] Re: Getting permission for a cache

  • From: "Wayne Lindberg" <alindb01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:01:38 -0500

I have used the same approach as Arlene for a couple of my caches.  Also,
(if the subject comes up) emphasize that geocachers are least likely to
litigate if they get a splinter while caching or even seriously injured.
The Old Monroe Town Council attorney was very concerned about this aspect
when I appeared before the Council, prior to their approval of my cache
several years back.

Wayne

Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:36:33 -0500
Subject: [GeoStL] Getting permission for a cache
From: charlieleverett@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So I've been caching quiet a bit in the last few weeks, and I think it's
about time I start my cache. And as it happens Montgomery City is painfully
short of cache's in the town itself. The wife and I have a few idea of where
to start some, mainly it two city parks. Any advice on how to approach a
city official who probably hasn't heard of geocaching and maybe not be in
the mind set to understand it?
--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning

My Software never has bugs. It just develops random features.