[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching 101 - April 24 : Jeferson City.

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:19:10 -0500

I might have to go just so I can eat!

Mike

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: McEowen@xxxxxxx
  To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 7:26 AM
  Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Geocaching 101 - April 24 : Jeferson City.

  In a message dated 4/22/04 2:38:39 AM, ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    Subject: [GeoStL] Geocaching 101 - April 24 : Jeferson City.
    Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:34:31 -0500

    Anyone planning to make it ?.

    I plan to go be leaving Wentzville at 10AM, have lunch in the wonderful
    city of Jefferson City and head to Geocaching 101.
    Send me email at xitaqua@xxxxxxxxxxx if you like to carpool there.

  May I be so forward as to make a couple of suggestions?

  Authentic local eatery: The Ecco Lounge (corner of Dunklin and Jefferson) --
prime rib sandwich and waffle fries or perhaps an Ecco burger . . . Around the
corner from Central Dairy Ice Cream (you do know about Central Dairy, don't
you?)

  Upscale: Madison's (on Madison street downtown) -- Pasta, etc. A favorite of
legislators and lobbyists

  Catfish treat: Cajun Catfish in St. Martins (next to the gas station in St.
Martins, near the four way stop just past the entrance to Binder Lake where the
Geocaching 101 event is being held). Everybody gets the "catfish lunch": fried
catfish nuggets, dirty rice, baked beans, cole slaw . . . . yummm . . .